Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Getting started with freezer cooking


This months cooking adventures involve a lot of bacon which is why I chose these recipes. My awesome husband just LOVES bacon so what better menu to start my kitchen adventure of freezing multiple meals than one that will be for sure hubby approved?

Here is a good lesson in reality: It really does help to read all of the recipes first and truly understand what needs to be chopped/cooked before assembly.  I made the mistake of getting cook and chop happy and accidentally cooked 1 pound more hamburger than I should have.  It's ok though because I can use the chopped hamburger for one of the other recipes and do double the amount I was originally planning (bacon cheeseburger puffs). I definitely planned on getting a lot more recipes made today but I am a little slow since I am just getting started.


 I did get to use my new RED Kitchenaid 13-Cup/3.1L Empire Red Food Processor to chop all of the bacon and chicken I needed for my recipes.  Lets just say my food processor became the ultimate bacon annihilator (bacon-ator!).

I have cooked and chopped over 3 pounds of meat so far today for meals like Chicken Bacon Mac and cheese (slow-cooker meal), Bacon Egg and Taters breakfast (slow-cooker meal, pizza puffs, and bacon cheeseburger puffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment